Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Maz Jobrani: I Come in Peace DVD Review

Maz-Jobrani-I-Come-in-Peace-DVD-P815300011959


Viewers may know Maz Jobrani from the Axis of Evil comedy tour or the variety of films that ey has had a part in (Friday After Next, The Interpreter). On I Come in Peace (which was filmed in Stockholm, Sweden) Jobrani is able to create a dizzying array of jokes. I feel that Jobrani’s humor touches upon a greater portion of the world than most; the comparison of Jobrani’s upbringing to that of inhabitants of numerous countries (Sweden, the United States) makes for a show that could easily be re-watched. The narratives weaved throughout this routine could easily be transferred to an Insomniac or No Reservations type of episodic event. I Come in Peace both destroys and supports misconceptions, and does it in a way that a wide variety of viewers will be able to appreciate.


The special runs for slightly over an hour (71 minutes). Viewers that wish to purchase a copy of I Come in Peace can find the disc at a variety of online retailers for around $10-$15; a streaming version is also available.


Rating: 7.8/10


Maz Jobrani: I Come in Peace DVD Review / 2013 Inception Media Group / 71 Minutes / www.inceptionmediagroup.com / www.mazjobrani.com/