Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Has the Great Interview

Hello, Has the Great. Your current cut is Ready to Blow. What significance does the single hold for you?


Ready To Blow is significant to me because it’s a goal of mine…Ready To Blow is what I would like my future to be.


Which rappers/performers are the greatest influences for you and your music? What two performers would you most like featuring on your track (and why)?


gI_87354_Has The Great - What The World Needs Mixtape


Well,I’m not going to give up my most secret ingredients yet.However, I can say the album “Piece Of Mind” by Tela can argubaly be my favorite album.And anybody can listen to me and tell Twista is my dude.I want a track featuring Ariana Grande because she probably got the best vocals in the game right now.Then, I think it would be tight to see how a track would sound with me and Kendrick Lamar on it.


Can you describe your creative process and your recording set up for us?


I think about music any and everywhere I go.I spend a lot of time in my room-me and my homie “Lost N Found” call it the “hot box” because it be so hot in there and that’s where I cogitate and write my lyrics on paper…I rarely write songs in my phone like your modern day rapper.As far as recording goes,I’ve worked with the best from Johnny Z of Fashion Brothers to Nick James of Studio.So, they set it up I just adapt to the weather.


How have you evolved since your first tracks?


My first track ever recorded was called “Bloody Rain” to Twista’s “Get It Wet” and did a version to Snoop Dogg’s “Woof” back when I was fourteen.Back then, I was more of a mechanical rapper.I think I come like UGO’s classic now “Straight From The Heart”.


How can interested readers find out more about Has the Great and where would you point them to hear your music?


Like, I’m very enigmatic so you’re not going to be able to find much the read on me.But,I just dropped a mixtape called “What The World Needs” on 3/9/2015 which can be found on coast2coastmixtapes.com and if you go to Promo Artist info-I have a small bio in there.


Which sort of social media website have you had the best successes with? What about these online services are different from the traditional face to face meeting that musicians traditionally utilize?


I think facebook really put me in the “light”.I like the internet because as a Taurus I’m real moody and I get irritated easily sometimes so the online access aleviates the frustrations of my personality clashing with your personality or vice versa.But, I still do face to faces from time to time.


What is the next step for Has the Great?


Has The Great is on his next song hopefully not my Magnum Opus though.I want my next song to always be my best song.


Thank you so much for your time. Do you have any final statements/thought for those reading NeuFutur?


Thank you as well and I want the NeuFutur readers to youtube ready to blow hd by Has The Great.Make sure you put that hd in there and download the What The World Needs mixtape by Has The Great.