Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Checking in with Australia's Oziris

We’re sitting down with Oziris. Let’s get right to it – What’s your story?

Well, I’d like to think I’ve always been good with words, I was writing poetry and lyrics throughout high school, while learning to play a drum kit, I began expanding my music tastes to all sorts of genres and I still love to experiment with all sorts of sounds and words, I need music every day, and sometimes I can’t quite find exactly what I want to hear to connect to, so I think every song I write is part of my story.


How did your album Spore move from initial thought to finished effort?

This project turned out heaps different than I initially thought it would have. The song ‘…and Visioning’ was the first track written for this project. When I had enough decent material to release… I started to write up the track list which was initially eighteen tracks instead of the final thirteen.


Your release is one of the trippiest we have heard; what inspired you to tie together such disparate styles of music?

Well, all the experiences in my life so far inspire me to write music how I do. Love, life, death, plants, dreams and much more inspired me to put together music like this. Life in general always inspires me to write music.


What differences do you perceive that there are between Australia and the USA’s rap scenes?

I’m not familiar with any rap scene though, I actually have never been to a rap/hip hop concert (yet)


What artists and styles most influence your overall sound?

I think all artists and styles in general – influence my overall sound. I like all sorts of music from heavy metal to electronic dance and everything in between. Generally I like to listen to lots of UK hip hop artists and experimental trap artists from worldwide.


You have a very distinctive vocal style; how do you think you have evolved since your earliest cuts?

I felt like in my earlier recordings and attempts… I was still trying to find my voice for rap, and lyrically at first it was average with a few things that stood out. After releasing this, I feel that I have definitely improved my voice and overall sound in a major way especially for the next projects to come.


What do you see the rest of 2016 holding for you?

I will be working on my new project for the rest of 2016; I’m well more than several bars deep and have outlined a lot of the album structure. I’ll be working hard trying to find the perfect sounds out there; I am hoping to be working with new software and other artists this year too.


How can interested readers find out more about Oziris?

My website contains all you need to know about myself and it contains links to sites like SoundCloud and more, which I use often and already have uploaded new tracks since the album release.


What has provided more of your fans – Facebook / Instagram / Twitter or traditional word of mouth?

Definitely word of mouth has provided most of my fans at this point in time but the music will find the right listeners.


Thank you so much for your time. Do you have any final thoughts for us at NeuFutur?

Thank you for your time also and for giving myself and others these wonderful opportunities.


http://ozirisartist.com/ /https://www.facebook.com/OzirisArtist / https://twitter.com/ozirisartist /https://soundcloud.com/ozirisartist



Checking in with Australia's Oziris

No comments:

Post a Comment