Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Natasha Owens I Made It Through Review

 


Let Go is the initial track on I Made It Through, and it is catchy enough to immediately draw in listeners. The track soars on strong instrumentation and a similarly intense bit of vocal work from Owens. This album opening links together pop, hints of R&B, and a passion that is simply unparalleled in current music.


natashaowens


Can’t Stop This Fire provides listeners with a sense of the depth of Owens’ compositions; this complex effort takes on hints of The Newsboys, Amy Grant, and even Plus One. The hard rock guitar and drum dynamic pushes this track into an entirely higher plateau. I Made It Through slows things down, coming forth with hints of Mary Chapin Carpenter and Christy Nockels. Not for a Moment is one of the longer tracks on I Made It Through, but is able to keep listeners spirits high with an interesting take on the traditional praise song.


I Made It Through is solid throughout, and the different approaches and styles that are taken here keep things fresh from the beginning strains of Let Go all the way to the completing duet of tracks (Remains and Your Name). I Made It Through can be purchased on iTunes, and listeners that are looking to find additional information about Owens can check out natashaowensmusic.com . I feel that the faith and technical ability brought to this recording will ensure that listeners are able to continually enjoy this album long after it ceases to spin.


Top Tracks: Can’t Stop This Fire, I Made It Through, Not for a Moment


Rating: 8.7/10


Natasha Owens I Made It Through Review / 2013 Self / 10 Tracks / natashaowensmusic.com/