Catfish Concerts presents a benefit concert for noted Texas music historian Dr. Gary Hartman and his wife Francine on Dec. 11 at Antone’s, 2015 E. Riverside Drive. Hartman, the executive director for the Center for Texas Music History at Texas State University, lost a lifetime of personal and professional history in recent floods. The Hartmans’ house, which was submerged under six feet of water, will be unlivable for at least four months.
All profits from ticket sales at the Antone’s benefit concert will go directly to the Gary Hartman Recovery Fund. Scheduled performers include Asleep at the Wheel’s Ray Benson, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Shinyribs, Cody Canada, HalleyAnna and Hartman’s own Lone Star Swing. “Gary’s work with musical history here in Texas has been invaluable,” Benson says. “This is our chance to pay him back.” Hubbard echoes the sentiment: “Gary has been a big part of Texas music, promoting and preserving its history, and here’s our chance to help get him back on his feet.”
Please see below for details about the Gary Hartman Recovery Fund live auction on Dec. 11 at Antone’s. Items include a private show with Terri Hendrix at Catfish Concerts, a Robert Earl Keen autographed guitar, lunch with legendary songwriter Radney Foster and Kerrville Folk Festival 2014 passes.
“Our hearts went out to Gary and Francine when we learned about their devastating loss during the recent floods,” says Jenni Finlay, an Austin-based Americana radio promoter who runs Catfish Concerts with author Brian T. Atkinson. “We immediately thought, What would Gary do? He’d show his support through music, of course. The outpouring of love and kindness we’ve seen from the Texas music community on his and Francine’s behalf has been truly inspiring.”
Catfish Concerts will provide Central Texas Red Cross donation canisters at Antone’s during the show for those wishing to contribute to flood recovery throughout the Central Texas region.
Direct donations toward the Gary Hartman Recovery Fund can be made here through Dec. 14: www.jennifinlaypromotions.com/garyhartmanfund.htm.
For more information on the Gary and Francine Hartman Benefit Concert and for interview requests, please contact Jenni Finlay, firstname.lastname@example.org
ANTONE’S AUCTION ITEMS
• A Terri Hendrix Private Catfish Concert. The winning bidder will get an exclusive private Catfish Concerts show with up to 25 friends.
• An autographed Robert Earl Keen guitar.
• Lunch with Radney Foster. Two to four couples will have the opportunity to enjoy a leisurly lunch and visit with the incredible country music superstar Radney Foster.
• A Randy Rogers Band Neon Sign and four show tickets and meet and greet passes.
• Faded Love: The Life and Times of Bob Wills autographed by filmmaker Dwight Adair
• Thin Slice of Life and La Salle’s Ghost autographed by author John T. Davis
• A Book of Photographs from Lonesome Dove autographed by screenwriter and photographer Bill Wittliff (from the Wittliff Collection at Texas State University).
• A Book on the Making of Lonesome Dove signed by author John Spong and photographer Geoff Wilson (from the Wittliff Collection at Texas State University).
• Lifetime Spines massage package
• Jenni Finlay Promotions CD bundle
• I’ll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt autographed by author Brian T. Atkinson
• Cheatham Street Warehouse basket including t-shirts, a Cheatham Street road sign and a voucher for two tickets to an upcoming show
• Catfish Concert basket with CDs by past performing artists, Catfish Concerts koozies and stickers and fun swag from Catfish sponsors Enoteca Vespaio, Tito’s Vodka and Lagunitas Brewing Company
• Two 3-Day Passes to the Kerrville Folk Festival 2014
• Custom MusicFest YETI 20-quart Roadie Cooler
GARY AND FRANCINE HARTMAN BENEFIT SHOW DEC. 11 PRESENTED BY ANTONE’S AND CATFISH CONCERTS